Friday, September 23, 2011

Week Two? Survived.

Quick update on the week:
1) I did exactly how I thought I would on the French test; I need another 8 weeks to get to a 3/3 (those numbers mean nothing to you, but if I could find the dadgummed video of an English-as-a-second-language speaker speaking at a 3/3, you'd see that it's not great, but basically workable in a professional setting).
2) I got my UAB (unaccompanied air baggage), 250 pounds of the stuff I thought when I left home that I could not do without. Sadly, living beings were not allowed in UAB, so I found that I'd sent myself lots of "huh?" items, like facial masks from Korea, vintage 2008, and more pedicure products than I'll ever use. Still, I'm happy to be wearing my magenta fuzzy socks, knitted by Aunt Jessie, if memory serves.
3) I got a fierce cold from all those germ bags I call my colleagues. We're packed like sardines in a room designed for about half our numbers. And we all picked up the cream of the virus crop from our flights in from Azerbaijan, Brussels, and Honolulu to share with our new best friends.
4) D and I chatted with my career development officer (known as--you guessed it--my CDO), with little closure or inkling on what to expect on October 14, flag day. We need to get our bid list in by Tuesday morning
4) I met up with a bud and colleague from home for delicious Turkish cuisine at Agora. Actually, through the veil of phlegm, I could just get hints of the deliciousness, but I'm definitely going back when this all clears up.
5) I got a handful of emails from the old job that nailed home how glad I am to be taking on a whole new universe of challenges.
6) Took the Meyers-Brigg test for the first time - wondering if it'll agree with my billion iterations of the Keirsey temperament sorter, where I'm an ESTP. If you don't know what that means, consider yourself fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment