Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

It's that time of year, when we look around and try to get a little perspective from amidst the details of a life that's zipping to the close of another year. So before tomorrow dawns with a tremendous focus on El Pavo (the turkey), I thought I'd give the gracias thing a whirl.

  • For my loving and supportive husband, who has agreed to this new career and is being a total sport about all that's fallen on him.
  • For the overall damn good health of my parents and the fact that they're such great people.
  • For the funniest and funnest group of relatives and friends a gal could hope for.
  • For this amazing opportunity with the State Department. I haven't even started giving back yet, but as I learn more about it, I'm increasingly happy to be of service to such a great country.
  • For the best colleagues in the world: the 100-and-counting wonderful and accomplished individuals I've met so far and the others I know are out there.
  • For the amazing education/orientation I'm in the midst of, and the fact that I am currently getting a paycheck to learn a language with some of the best instructors that exist. 
  • For the good luck and health to be able to bike to and from work--something I'd never have dared in Hawaii. And for the urban beauty along the W&OD bike path.
  • For being in a position to take so many things for granted that it doesn't even occur to me to be thankful for them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment